Friday, November 29, 2013

Fired Up (Black) Friday!

Hello everyone, I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving and Black Friday! It's a great time of year to harass family and get fat on great food. It's also a great time to curl up by the fire (or space heater) and get lost in a good read :)

 

I ordered a book called Centered Riding by Sally Swift off of Amazon and it came in Wednesday, just before my drive East for Turkey Day. I had started reading it during my few weeks at the NW Natural Horsemanship Center in between tasks, and decided I had to get a copy for myself! It's a fantastic book that opens your eyes to so many great techniques for relaxing your body so it can move properly with the horse, balance, focus, and even how you can apply it to jumping! Regardless of the discipline or sport you chose, if it's on horseback, you want this book! I can't wait to finish it, and have even found a few instructors in my area that will be giving clinics next year and I can't wait to audit one!

I hope this book gets you fired up and inspired to go have some horsey time and to incorporate something new into your routine. If you've already read her book or  have taken Centered Riding lessons, I would love to hear your thoughts and how it has changed your results in the saddle!

Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment