Friday, November 15, 2013

Fired-Up Friday!

It's Fired-Up Friday, and I have some awesome inspirational videos for you all! Motivation comes in so many forms, and as much fun as the 7 games can be, variety is the spice of life :) 

Also, here is a great article on equine leg protection from The Chronicle of the Horse. The reason behind some horse boots have always baffled me (seriously, what is up with those fluffy dressage boots?!) so I started looking for some better answers than what I was getting talking to other riders. I'm excited for a rating system, and some boots to come out in the future with improved support!

Here we go!

Teach your horse to give you pony kisses!

An absolutely gorgeous, beyond inspiring performance by Clemence Faivre and her horse Gothan

Here are some great stretches from the great people at Evention TV

And, for the grand finale, I introduce to you Mr Frederic Pignon,  a guy who truly knows what it means to play with his horses! He's an ever-smiling Frenchman who, even when a horse gets away from him, keeps his cool. I love seeing an accomplished horseman give a performance and everything doesn't go to plan. It shows that no matter who you are, you are still working with a creature with a mind of their own, but if you keep a positive and playful attitude, there is no such thing as a "bad" play session :)

I hope these videos and article gave you something to think about and some new ideas to take with you next time you see your four-legged fuzzy friend! Happy Friday!


Clemence Faivre - photo from classhorse.tv

3 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've visited your blog and I enjoy the enthusiasm you share about horesmanship and your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly. i want to be one of frederic pignon's horses. they are so happy and well loved. beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete