Saturday, April 21, 2012

LBI Progress!

(On Line, 30 mins) Sideways on the fence was willing and at a nice pace for as few times as we've played with it, great porcupine game on the hind end both ways, and nice willing circle game. Stm and driving were excellent as well. She was very willing tonight, and now that she is getting cookies when she puts effort into trotting, it's coming along very nicely :)

  (Freestyle, 30 mins) BEST RIDE SO FAR!! Back up is light and snappy, she is starting to take direction from my reins more willingly instead of having little arguments here and there to be reinforced with driving game on the forehand with the CS, and when I ask for a trot she gives it right away :) She is even coming off my leg nicely and half the time I didn't need my CS :) We had a "crisis" when my foot hit the hot wire fence (was not plugged in) and she lurched to the side and slowly (quickly for her though) cro-hopped. I brought her in with a one-reined stop, and that was that. Her head went down, body relaxed 100% and it was like it never happened. One amazing thing about LBI's <3. Great ride!!


Another great thing that happened tonight.. I was out with my camera tonight taking pictures in the back pasture at sunset, when I turned around and saw Gweny prancing around the pasture. My 4 year old nephew was out with my sister feeding the horses, and did something to rile her up. I stepped back into the pasture, and my Gwenasaurus Rex trotted all the way across the pasture just to be next to me for safety, and looked back at the little midget still holding a fist full of grass for her :) It was a really great feeling to know that she sees me as her protector, and that I'm worth trotting across the pasture for when there were other people and horses to hide behind :) Just ended my evening on a really great note :)

No comments:

Post a Comment