Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Frolicking in the sunshine :)

Ah-mazing day with both my four-legged-ladies!! Started out with Cheyenne pacing up and down the fence line as I got everything set up in the play pen, and being a FABULOUS partner today!! I brought the video camera out to get an outside view on my body language, approach, and maybe see some feedback from my horses I may have been missing. She was a CHAMP! Day #3 of my new overly-aware approach with Cheyenne and staying calmer, not rushing her, and giving her space to think and try. I wish I had video taped day #1, because already there is an enormous change in her! Poor thing has been putting up with my ignorances for way too long lol. But transitions on the circle were great, and in all 3 gaits she is much more relaxed.

Gweny nickered as I came up to the fence with her halter :) Gosh, I am loving that! She was willing yet a little ornery today, but we had a BLAST! Made a game out of asking her to bring her head up and out of the grass which was successful, a few great circles, LOTS of great jumps today, is doing really well with the weave, and just seemed really into everything we played with :)

Today I also started stage 1 of the GOC with Cheyenne. I'll try to attach a video below of how the bit fits, but one hole up is clearly way too tight, and one hole down and the bit doesn't even touch the corners of her mouth and she slides her tongue right over the top of it. Tonight I just put some pressure on the bit and released when she pushed against it with her nose. She was a little confused at first, but once I got a couple good responses we called it a day. I'm so excited about what's to come! (And so thankful she is off of her RB Hysteria mode! =p).

Chey about to turn "touch it" into "taste it" lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment