Thursday, July 12, 2012

A great night with muh girls :)

Had a great night with both girls! I've been getting really bored with the same old stuff, and yesterday I saw a L3 video of a woman doing Z5 driving at liberty doing the weave with just the carrot stick, and thought it was something Chey and I definitely had to try!!! We did our first attempt at it tonight OL, and it was pretty hilarious. Cheyenne wasn't sure what I was doing back there, and kept trying to circle around or side pass over the cones! But once she got it she did great, and I was really proud of her :) Also to make things more interesting, I tried asking her to side pass over objects from 10 feet away, back through the gate with me 10 feet away from it but having her back all the way to the end of the 22, putting her back feet on the pedestal, and things of that nature :) She was very LB tonight, in a great learning frame of mind (when she wasn't sneaking grass) and put 110% into everything we did :) I hopped on and we played with transitions during FTR for the first time in a few weeks, and she did really well, and we had lots of exhales and breakthrough moments :) Such a good girl!


I did a quick OL warm up with Gwen and hopped on. She did okay, had a few good moments of impulsion but I feel the ride could have maybe gone better.The trick with her little LBI mind is to make things her idea, and get over my direct line thinking of "JUST GO TO THE CORNER! THAT SPECIFIC CORNER!". We had to kind of regress a bit and not focus so much on where we were going, but just the gait itself. Once she got a little better at maintaining gait, we played FTR for the first time, and she began to get the hang of it. We had a few distractions (my nephew came out again, and another horse was being played with in the pasture) but overall I'd rate the ride as a 5. Not bad, but not great either. Always something to improve though, right?! 


I finally wrangled someone into being my photographer for five minutes and got a few pictures on Gweny at sunset :) Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment