Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lessons from Lillan :)

Today I indulged my new found addiction and audited another Lillan Roquet workshop :) So happy she is coming to Washington more often! She has an incredible ability to a) have an incredible energy that engages my attention, b) communicate effectively and in an encouraging manner, and c) politely call you out on your faults and build you back up and really help you take your horsemanship to the next level - quickly. 

The first workshop today was about liberty, and the second was about preparing for bridleless riding, two of my all-time favorite subjects :) I took tons of notes and plan on doing a follow-up blog of all the tidbits that really jumped out at me, but for now, enjoy some iPhone snapshots I got of today's amazing breakthroughs :) Please check out my YouTube channel (user name craxyrox07) for some video on teaching spins and some cool liberty info :) 

3* Lillan helping an RBI change direction without disengaging the HQ

RBE Arabian working on F8 at liberty

Such a cute little horse with Fabio hair <3

Pretty LBE warmblood <3

Lillan asking to be on the other side of the horse via a conversation, and having the horse's feet move, not hers

Thinking time during an intense saddling demo - this horse had a HUGE breakthrough!

A student getting some pointers from the wonderful Lillan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment