Monday, January 14, 2013

Parelli Potluck

This last Saturday I drove an hour and a half north to attend 2* Sarah Merry's Parelli New Year Potluck :) There were probably about 10 or 12 other students there, one of which I knew, so it was nice to have a comfort zone while still meeting other people. I have a tendency to go introverted with that many new faces around me, but everyone there was so friendly and welcoming and I had a great time :) 

Sarah wrote up a poster with about nine different sections, each labeled with a different subject. Horseless workshop, Horsenality in Depth, Bettering your Freestyle, etc. Everyone wrote their names in the sections they were interested in, and that's how Sarah will judge what lessons to focus on this year. How cool is that?! It's amazing to have an instructor who really puts her students first and is so dedicated to our success.

In about two months my boyfriend and I will hopefully be moving up north between the Everett and Bellingham areas, which will put me closer to Sarah and this wonderful little Parelli community. The reason I am so in love with Parelli Connect is because it's always been pretty difficult for me to find other Parelli people in the area, and even when I do our schedules conflict to the point of never seeing each other, anyway. But this new group has enough people in it to where there is always someone who is down for a pony play date in levels from 1 to 3 :) Talk about fun, encouragement, and the best support team ever! 

A view of Mt Rainier on a clear, sunny, January day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment