Friday, February 17, 2012

Bridless riding... CHECK!

RODE CHEYENNE BRIDLESS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER TONIGHT!!!! It was the last minute of our ride :) I removed the hackamore from her back, and we took a lap around the pasture. Asked her to stop and reverse a few steps, and called it a night :) Short, positive, and AWESOME!! For an RBE, that was such a big deal, and so so rewarding! =] It took a lot of prep work, and it all payed off tonight :) First thing off my 2012 Goal List!!!! Yipeeee! 


Before that we did about 30 min OL working on thresholds, and used sideways w/o a fence, squeeze, and the f8 pattern to help relax and refocus her. Rode for about 60 min after that, working on steady rein and point-to-point to help relax her in the trot. Haha it was so cute, at one point she put her nose right next to the top of a cone and exhaled, and found out it made a funny noise! So she sat there for about 30 seconds making nostril music, it was the cutest thing!! Then she had enough and started chewing on the cone lol. She also started chewing on the barrels tonight in the middle of our f8 patterns :) She is so curious. Lots of blowing again tonight under saddle, followed immediately by licking and chewing. She seems to have had a lot of breakthroughs yesterday and today, and has been the epitome of LB while under saddle. I've also notice i'm more relaxed, detail oriented, and flexible in our game plan, and that has made a huge difference in my entire night with the horses. Today and yesterday have been the easiest it's ever been for me to live in the moment, stay completely at ease, and play with whatever comes up. Using patterns and not emotionally reacting has come naturally, and I'm really hoping this change is permanent :) I feel so much calmer, and it has a ripple effect onto my horses that is making every night 10x more effective.


My Gwenasaurus Rex did good tonight, too :) Just 15 min OL, working on extreme friendly game again with the carrot stick and savvy string slapping the ground while I walk around her, sideways for the first time, and driving from z3. Driving went well, and i'm hoping that improves our Freestyle dramatically. I'm going to hop on her tomorrow for the first time in about a month to see how much our OL has helped :) I can't wait to see how it goes!







No comments:

Post a Comment