Thursday, February 16, 2012

Had a great day with both girls :) Rode Cheyenne today, and we had a LOT of relaxing moments, and she did a lot of blowing/relaxing today, which was great! Played with thresholds working on becoming relaxed outside of the pasture. Figure 8 pattern is becoming our best bud, I can't believe how quickly it calms her, focuses her, and gets her back to LB.

Gweny was great! Kept it short and sweet, and I'm feeling very relaxed tonight, and I can see how it really reflected onto my horses. I kept everything really slow, and after me pushing Chey too far last week, "reward the slightest try" is my main motto. I did extreme friendly game for the first time with Gwen, as well as porcupine game off her two front legs and she picked it up very quickly, and very willingly, which is surprising for an LBI!

Tonight was great, and I had a lot of fun "playing with whatever horse showed up". Just living in the moment has changed everything for me. I'm not direct lined, because i'm not out there with a specific goal in mind. I just go out with a few rough ideas in mind, and play with whatever I get. And half the time it turns out to be a play session about something completely different :) Just changing my attitude made a world of difference. Tonight rocked ;)











No comments:

Post a Comment