Thursday, February 9, 2012

Practicing L2 OL

Day #2 of teaching Chey to lay down.. she was getting SO close, I can bring her so her chest is almost touching the ground, but I pushed it too far and she started resisting giving me her leg :( I did a lot of friendly game and just chilled with her after that. Sat there and rubbed her leg to let her know every time I touch it I'm not going to ask her to lay down, and also to say I'm sorry. We just chilled for a bit, I itched her favorite spots and called it a day. Before that however, we had a fab day rehearsing L2 OL :) We did sideways over everything imaginable today, including the barrels which was hilarious because my "vertically challenged" mustang's belly hardly has any clearance, haha, so that was fun to watch. Weave was ok, and she got pretty spunky doing F8's! I widened the barrels to give her more room to drift which was a great improvement, but she got pretty energized and starting bolting around the pattern. Oh, you want to run? Let's DO IT!! I had her to the end of my 22' line running like a lion after a gazelle, and put the 3' jump in per path. She was zooming for about 5 or 6 laps/jumps and started slowing down. Once she decided trotting was definitely the preferred gait, we attempted the F8's again, and she was calm and LB this time :) We did some stm @ liberty through two pastures and over a jump, and I put her back to bed staying at liberty :) She is doing so well, and we haven't had an episode of RBE Hysteria in quite a while! (knock on wood!). She is such a little rockstar <3


I feel like we are ready to film L2 OL, I'm just nervous it's not perfect yet. But I think it is time :) After my trip to Scottsdale, I think it'll be time to submit my video and keep fingers crossed!! Shooting for a 2++, we can do it!! WOOT WOOT!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment